Totnes Solar installs a wide range of solar panels and inverters. We are not tied to any suppliers, which means we can design a system that best meets your requirements.
We offer a range of solar panel types including polycrystaline, monocrystaline and high performance hybrid panels.
Solar panels can be installed on pitched roofs, flat roofs, on walls, integrated into the roof or ground mounted.
Panasonic solar panels
Panasonic (formally Sanyo) panels have the following features:
- Panel efficiency of 18-19% which is much higher than most panels of around 14% (making them at least 28% more efficient). This allows a more powerful system to be installed on the same amount of roof space.
- Hybrid panels are particularly good at generating electricity in low light conditions, such as the UK.
- 10 years product warranty and performance warranty of 80% for 25 years.
- Black anodised low profile frame.
- They are the most efficient production panels currently available.
Sharp solar panels
Sharp panels are a cost effective solution with the following features:
- Sharp has 50 years’ experience in the industry, ensuring the panels are likely to continue to provide electricity well beyond the warranty period.
- 5 years product warranty and performance warranty of 80% for 25 years.
- Manufactured in the UK.
Schüco mounting system
- High quality corrosion resistant aluminium and stainless steel components should ensure the mounting system lasts as long as the panels.
- German company with over 10 years experience working with solar technology.
- 10 year product warranty.
The inverter is the most likely component to require maintenance, so it is worth buying a high quality established inverter. We choose between SMA (Germany), Fronius (Austria) or Solaredge(Israel) inverters to maximise the efficiency and profit from your solar system. We also install Solar Edge power optimisers and Enecsys micro inverters for solar systems that are impacted by shade.
All inverters are guaranteed for between 5 and 12 years. Warranty extensions are available for between 10 and 25 years.